1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7 specs

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bocochoco, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bocochoco

bocochoco Thread Starter

How low can they go? Will it run on this pc:

Athlon XP 3200+ (I think, might be 2600 or 2800+)
    1.5GB DDR
    some ATI video card in AGP, not powerful at all compared to now standards.
    100GB hdd 5200RPM

I know 7 will run well on netbooks, how well will it run on this? I'd like to replace the existing bunged up install soon and 7 seems like a good candidate.

Thanks ^_^

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

It will run,

I ran Vista fine on a AMD Athlon 2500+ with a ATI 9600 and a 9800 pro card, 1GB of DDR PC3200.

Vista and 7 are so similar, I cannot forsee an issue, and it should even run better, though you might not get the Aero interface depending on the graphics card.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Bought two systems for next to nothing, Athlon 3500+ and Athlon 3800+, one gig 3200 RAM each so pretty similar, good video cards (8800GT in one and 8600GT in the other), that each came with Vista Home Premium. Both ran but not by any good performance measure. XP cleared that problem up completely and recently I put 7RC on the 3500+ system (has the slightly better graphics card) and barring the large difference in interface, I cannot honestly tell the difference in performance of the two systems. Over time and with the final version there may be more of a difference, but except for a couple of things that might still be Beta with 7RC, not at the moment.

5. bocochoco

bocochoco Thread Starter

Yea I've been running 7RTM for a few weeks now and it's great. It's so much faster than I'd expect it to be, but I am running it on a powerhouse machine (Phenom II X4 955, 8gb ram, 2x GeForce GTX 295). I don't need the fancy aero UI, just something that will work for this pc. It pretty much just needs to be able to run Quicken, some weird proprietary piano tuner database software, and browse the web. Thanks ^_^

AMD > Intel.. Just getting that out there.

6. biiikman

biiikman

haha having just build my first AMD system I must say I am very happy with it, and agree wholeheartedly. (so does my wallet).

7. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Is a PII 266 with 128 MB RAM and a 4 MB Video card low enough?

Windows 7 Hits a New Low

The 17 minute boot time might be a deal breaker though...;)

8. darthrevan945

darthrevan945

it will run on that no problem! that is fast computer in my book. ive run win7 on an AMD athlon XP 2000+ (or might be 2200+) at 1.67ghz with 1gb of ram, it was awsome. im also using it my 850mhz p3 with 512mb which is underclocked to 697mhz, and runs good on that!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice