1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7 why change things

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spincter, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spincter

spincter Thread Starter

was used to windows xp for gaming now have a windows 7 computor i dont know comp all that well but my problem is i cant load a multi disc game and have 7 read any disc after one what do i do most games today require more than one disc uploads. simply put when prompted to insert disc two i do and the drives seems to run but not read lots of open memory i have 6gb memory dual core processor mother board nvida gt240 game card and all about 88 percent free space :(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you know that the game is compatible with Windows 7? Do you know that the 2nd disk is not damaged?

3. spincter

spincter Thread Starter

those were the first things checked no damage and compatibility issues i figure someone has to have the same issues but cant find any tried ten games with mulit disc same issue is not picking up after first disc installs wont read the second to continue

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What games and version are you having these issues with?

Where did you get your copy of the these games?

5. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

I'd strongly suspect an issue with the games, e.g. they might claim Win7 compatibility but still have issues. I don't play games but have no problem loading multi-disk programs on my Win7 PC so it's not, strictly speaking, a problem Win7 has with multi-disk programs. It might be a problem Win7 has with running programs from CD but if so then I would say the games aren't fully compatible with Win7. I do remember one program that was 'compatible' except for the install program. With the permission of the owner (which was a volunteer organization anyway so they readily gave permission for me to volunteer my expertise) I was able to patch that so it would install properly, and sure enough-the program itself, once installed, ran fine.

6. spincter

spincter Thread Starter

i agree some games like mafia dated 2003 by illusion software prob is non compatible three disc set others like call of duty group are all pre 2005 and dont load , i just tried dungeon siege two a five disc set released 2005 by microsoft and it loaded now im really getting confused if i recall call of duty series ended with airborne 2009 release and none load seems like the disc drive being brand new two month old is not reading or perhaps windows 7 require patches to work not sure

7. spincter

spincter Thread Starter

i have approx 458 games to date all first owner, purchased from retail outlets, almost all 1990 - 2009 single disc games load which is strange is only happing with multi disc games after the first disc loads wont read the next one

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice