1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

$700 budget gaming PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheRyanGuy, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRyanGuy

TheRyanGuy Thread Starter

Hi, I need a $700 budget gaming PC that can run World of Warcraft on ultra/high settings with a high/considerable frame rate. I don't really want to build it, since I'm only 14 and pretty inexperienced with fitting all the hardware into the case. Also, the website needs to be able to ship to Australia internationally with a preferably small postage (if possible). I'm not looking for anything that's able to run Crysis on high settings, just a simple game like World of Warcraft. I've seen some pretty mediocre gaming rigs that can handle WoW on high/ultra settings with a good frame rate, so I think $700 should be enough (as long as you pick the right hardware). Here are some of my options:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Intel-E6...085860?pt=AU_comp_dekstop&hash=item4aa55f99e4 - I want to upgrade the RAM, which is available in the seller's description, and get a good gaming video card ($100-150, and maybe $200 if necessary), which is going to be from another source, and maybe even a HDD upgrade. Given the details in the seller's description, can upgrades of these sorts be applied? I'm not exactly certain. I'd also like to mention that the operating system, monitor, keyboard and mouse are all covered already (not inside my budget).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Intel-E5...764192?pt=AU_comp_dekstop&hash=item53dd38ab60 - This is my second option. I'd like to upgrade to 4 GB of total RAM (available in the seller's description), and upgrade the video card with one in the similar price range of the model posted in the last option. The thing is, one user told me that this model's motherboard sucked *** for gaming. Is this true?

If I'm deluded, please feel free to enlighten me with better, cheaper models.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!