1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7200rpm scsi hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slipaway172, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipaway172

Slipaway172 Thread Starter

hello,

im going to setup a IBM Xseries 235 server in my home soon. I bought several drives. I noticed that one of the drives i bought is a scsi drive that runs at 7200k and the other drives run at 10000k. i bought two 7200k hard drives and 4 10000k hard drives. the server only supports raid 1. Would it be okay to create 3 raids. My computer supports up to six scsi hard drives. Can i create a raid with two 10000k hard drives to host my operating system and a little data, a second raid for my web server data and the third raid for my 7200k hard drives for ...idk, music.?

does that sound like it would work. would the 7200k hard drives slow down my computer?
    is it possible to create 3 raids on a single server?

2. Slipaway172

Slipaway172 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/688986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice