1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7600gs core speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Loste, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loste

Loste Thread Starter

Hello everyone, merry christmas! I just have a small question I'd like to ask, I was just wondering why my Geforce 7600gs says that it has a 600Mhz GPU core and a 700Mhz GPU Memory Speed, from some of the reviews I have read about this card, I thought it was suppose to be 400/800. I just hope that I didn't accidently overclock it. I don't think I changed any of the settings, here is a screeshot:

[​IMG]

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The clock speeds depend on what manufacturer you bought the 7600GS from, but those are higher then I've seen from any manufacturer for a 7600GS.

But you might have used nTune to overclock the card, your FSB and CPU are overclocked so it does appear you've overclocked other parts of the system and nTune will also overclock Geforce graphics cards.

The 7600GS are pretty good overclockers, so if it runs cool and stable then you may have got yourself a pretty good card.

3. Loste

Loste Thread Starter

It idles at 49C and can get to 60C when playing COD4, is that normal? And by the way, how do I remove the overclock set on the CPU? I do not remember overclocking it, must have been the manufacturers. I get beeping sounds coming out of my mobo when playing a game too long, think it might be due to the cpu.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Its probably overheating, the Pentium D's do run hot and if thats correct then its a massive overclock on the processor.

Maybe nTune is also wrong, it says your CPU is running at over 6Ghz. To undo the overclock you need to lower the FSB in the nTune Control Panel to 200Mhz. There shoudl also be a setting there for the video card speeds, look into the documentation for the card to see what the factory speeds were.

If those temps are for the video card then they are OK.

5. Loste

Loste Thread Starter

Ok I am definetly sure that those numbers are off as they seem to change frequently, except for the gpu core/memory. The CPU frequency went up to 8800Mhz, and now it is down to 5518Mhz, so it is very innacurate i think. The FSB frequency changes as well.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Use CPU-Z to check the speeds: http://www.cpuid.com/
    The speeds can change due to temps and power management.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice