1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

802.11b

Discussion in 'Networking' started by councilman, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. councilman

councilman Thread Starter

Can anyone point me toward detailed instructions on setting up a wireless network. Can I start with a linksys wireless router and roadrunner? I have to cover a large building with many rooms and I understand that there is a way to boost the signal quite a bit can anyone tell me how this is done.

Thank you
    Thank you
    THANK YOU
    TED

2. councilman

councilman Thread Starter

3. p5mmx10g

p5mmx10g

to cover a big building and many room, the roadrunner won't do you any good. you need to get atleaes a T1 line or higher to support the whole building. As far as the signal goes, i don't know any thing will boost the signal, but the wireless will only support 254 or less users.

accroding to the spec they giving out, i think it will cover the whole buiding (i'm not sure how big is your buiding)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice