80MM case fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inuyasha320

im good with sound but i am not good with dba's

this fan is 45.6 dba

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7818&sku=Q131-3101

how loud 45.6 dba?

im modding a pc case and i need 2 of them. one for the CPU(fan adapter) and one for the hard drive.

im building another pc (900MHz) which i will use as my new data server (533 mhz isint cutting it anymore.

it will have 1.2TB of storage and on my 533mhz pc, the compaq case has bad airflow so all of the hard drives get really hot.

the case will also have 2 silent 80mm case fans, which i will use cardboard wings to direct the air from the hard drives, to the fans in back of the case.

it will be on 24/7 so i don't want something that will keep me up.

( have no problem falling a sleep with the noise from my Air conditioner)

45.6 dBA is not loud at all.
Its rather hard to quantify is absolute terms though.

Just use Google to learn the relative meaning of the DeciBel, you will see some real world examples. But it really depends what else is running, probably barely audible above your present system, or well below it.

45.6dBA is quite loud, as is to be expected from a 4000rpm 8cm fan. It's about 2.5x louder than a typical 8cm fan (2500rpm, 30dBA). "Silent" case fans run at 2000rpm, 20dBA. These are all approximations, other factors e.g. the number and angling of fins plus the kind of bearings used will determine the noise. You will get much better cooling by installing two 2500rpm fans in parallel (which will generate only 33dBA of noise) rather than a single 4000rpm fan.

inuyasha320

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online