1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

865GBF Intel Mother Board with SoundMAx W98SE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cairotes, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

The driver (last release) installed OK.
    But under DxDiag it says that there is no SoundCard...
    I have reinstalled the driver several time with no success.
    In fact, under System Information, Composant, Multimedia it says that aeaudio.sys, migrate.dll, smsens.sys et swdmsmchore6.inf are not installed. But when I look at the Driver Detail under System Property for Soundmax they are correctly listed...

I start to become nut...

2. doggard

doggard

Have you tried reinstalling the previous driver to see if the problem goes away?

3. doggard

doggard

Another option is to delete the souncard from system properties and reboot the system then see if it sorts itself out.

4. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

I have tried all this with no solution.
    Shall I delete all the Media Keys in the register?

5. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

Any possible help?

6. GaryDestruct

GaryDestruct

Make sure that you in fact have SoundMax drivers installed for that card. The Intel chipset utility has been known to incorrectly identify a SoundMax card as an Intel sound card. This can create problems.

To uninstall the card, go to add/remove programs in the control panel and remove the driver there. That should remove the drivers.

7. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

I have removed the software, remove the device, remove devices in safe mode (few ghost items there), remove physically the modem to be sure it was not making interferences during the installation. Download the file from Intel.com for installation. (They mention something on their site as INF installation but the only thing available is an executable file, but for AC'97 the only accessible thing is a setup program).
    windows repports correct installation of hardware but in Mulitmedia there is no sound card to select. DxDiag still reports NO SOUND CARD.
    HELP?

8. GaryDestruct

GaryDestruct

Try reinstalling directX. That might repair any broken registry keys.

9. SacsTC

SacsTC

10. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

Yep. I have installed DirectX 9.0c et les nouveaux Drivers d'Intel. J'ai fait une setup -over all mais je n'ai pas bien compris ce que c'est que setup -a.
    In System Information, Componant, aeaudio.sys, msmsens.sys and a INF file are reported by Windows has not installed (Device Manager list those drivers under driver details with no problem).
    I think I will burn that new motherboard.
    PS: needles to say, that neither SoundMax nor Inter have dare to response...

11. cairotes

cairotes Thread Starter

Oups... I am mising French and English...
    In the first sentence, I jus wrote that I have installed the updated driver from Intel. I made a setup -over all installation, but could not understand the -a option for what they call "an INF installation". The Register Key in Local Machine, indicates "Success" for installation.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/285654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice