865GV Audio Drivers for RHL3 Entrpse Linux

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GeekGawd

hello all,
its been almost a year since i installed RHL3 Enterprise Linux - WorkStation on my comp. Dual boot, that is. I havent had enough time to work on it much. What puts me off about this isntallation is that it could not detect the audio chipset and load the necessary drivers.
I have a motherboard which uses the 865GV chipset.
According to Everest,
ASUS P4P800-MX motherboard,
Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller

I still cannot find drivers for this. hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks.

more or less you should actually have the driver installed via alsa. However you need to tell it the particular card you have, this is a snd-intel8x0.to do this try the following

modprobe snd-intel8x0

you should then be able to change the mixing settings either via alsamixer or a gui representation that red hat has made. Sound should then hopefully work.

to have the driver load automatically after that you need to add snd-intel8x0 to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

GeekGawd

Hello Tsunam,
Sorry for my late reply. thanks fr the help. I will certainly try it out.
I think I remember trying out ALSA drivers. Was unsuccessful at it, probably because I didnt know how and what to edit.
Will let you know how it goes.

*A very happy new year to you.*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online