8GB ram installed but only 3.95 usable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johni111

Hello. I just bought a components to build my first computer. But after istallation I found that I am using only 3.95gb out of 8gb ram. I tried probably everything. My bios is up-to date. But here is some strange. In bios I can see only 1 installed stick. But in windows I can see 2 of them. Also the ram are 2800 mAhz but in bios is only 2144. I am really out of ideas.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: ASUS Prime b450m-k
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
Ram : 2X4gb Viper
OS: Windows 64-bit with 64-bit processor ( lattest version)

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Power down the PC, remove one of the sticks, power it back up, and then see what's reported in the BIOS. If it reports normally, power it down again, remove the stick already on the motherboard and then replace it with the other stick. Power it up and check again what's being reported in the BIOS.

johni111

Already tried. Both of rams where loaded. But worked only one socket for ram. There closer one to cpu was working Well. But when i put ram into second socket it wont load ram. But when both of them are in both socket then IT works. Cpu-z and windows see both of them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online