8x agp geforce2 mx440 128mb query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anshul94

how does 8x agp geforce2 mx440 128mb work with the latest games like doom3 , will these games work , if yes then how good or bad will be the performance?
plz help

Why bother playing... That's how good.

Minimal card for today's Kickin games (HL2, Far Cry and Doom3) - you should have at least a 9800Pro ($200) or much better yet - the 6600GT ($180~220). But these games also require CPU power as well...

Recommend at least an AMD 2800 (32bit) or faster or P4 3Ghz and up... AMD64 is generally best for games.

The Cheapest Video card I'd recommend would be an ATI 9600Pro or 5700Ultra... ($130~175)... but the sweet spot is still the new 6600GT.

Compiler wat r u talkin bout man!

I run half life 2 on a geforce mx400 64mb and it runs VERY SMOOTH and barely choppy on its recommended settings, and still looks good. Just dont expect to up the settings much without it getting choppy.

The cards a beast...its a legend.

I know exactly what I am talking bout. I used to own the original GF2mx... its was fine for its day. It too used to cost about $175... about 4 years ago.

If you want the game to LOOK like a modern video game... it requires a modern video card. HL2 is a DX9 game... you're comparing DX7 graphics to DX9... not the same.

I play HL2 in 1280x1024, all details on MAX with smooth game play. I want the game I play look their best... which a GF2 cannot do.... with new games.

Like when I installed NFS2 Underground2... The demo looked great, but a glitch install on the retail looked horrible... unrealistic in comparision, yet it too played "smooth". Wasn't as exciting to play. A registry fix resolved the issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online