90 percent of Windows 7 flaws fixed by removing admin rights

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I wonder if that means that the consentUI is not working as intended? If I understand correctly, the consentUI only passes over the admin token after that 'continue' prompt. So, if this report says that vulnerabilities are mitigated by not using an admin account, doesn't that imply that somehow when exploiting the vulnerabilities, the admin rights are used.

(y)

Too bad more people don't use non-administrator user accounts, There would be a lot less infected windows users, and any infections picked up while in a non-administrator account would be easy to remove. :)

For anyone that just reads the title and not the article, Many vulnerabilities not working applies to to all versions of windows with non-administrator accounts, Not just windows 7.

I wonder if that means that the consentUI is not working as intended? If I understand correctly, the consentUI only passes over the admin token after that 'continue' prompt. So, if this report says that vulnerabilities are mitigated by not using an admin account, doesn't that imply that somehow when exploiting the vulnerabilities, the admin rights are used.
I'm guessing they mean with UAC off, So pure admin permissions...Though I'm not positive.

But many people turn off UAC anyway,
And I would still recommend using a standard user account instead since UAC is more of a make believe standard user account and it's not a security boundary like using a non-administrator account so it's not as strong and can be bypassed...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online