1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

90's Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cyanghost109, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyanghost109

cyanghost109 Thread Starter

Greetings!

I'm going through dad's old computer parts and want to rebuild a 90's gaming machine. There's a lot of crap in store, so I tried to do as much research as I could on the parts, but I'm still not entirely sure. So I'm going to list the specs, and I need some opinions! If you're familiar with late 90s gaming, hopefully you can judge whether or not this would have been considered high end at the time. Alright...

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 450 (450 MHz)
    Memory: 128 MB
    Hard Drive: 20 GB
    Video card: ATI Rage 128 Magnum (32 MB VRAM)
    Monitor: 1024x768 LCD
    Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! Value 5.1
    Motherboard: Some generic Intel board.
    Case: Some old beige case.

There it is! I'm looking to play old games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. Should I expect to get decent framerates on the highest settings with these specs?

2. bhuffy

bhuffy

You will be able to run those games fine. You are above the minimum requirements. I can not exactly tell you what framerates to expect, but they will be at a very playable rate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!