1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved 9150T PVR Remote

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by django47, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I have purchased a new (refurbished) 9150t digital pvr which is exactly the same as the one I am replacing.
    The "remote control" that came with the new one is quite different, even the instructions seem to aimed at the old style, as for example, the new instructions directs you to locate certain keys under the "slide down" section which the new one doesn't have.
    Ideally, what I would like to do is use the old remote for the new unit, the old remote works ok, it was the actual pvr main unit that died, of old age I reckon.
    Seriously though, would that work, or is a remote tuned, or paired, to that exact one unit and will not work with another, even if it is exact same model.
    I'm afraid to try it out in case I bugger it up completely.
    Please, has anyone actually done this, or has knowledge or experience of this subject. Thank you.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you can use the old pvr - but not every thing may work

i have a Humax TV , and three different pvrs and some of the keys work

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1205543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice