1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

939 motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shme, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shme

shme Thread Starter

I have an old ecs-a939 motherboard that I think is acting up. Most of the time USB devices will not work and i have reinstalled windows xp plenty of times and tried all the available bios's. Also during games after about 20 mins in they usually freeze up for about 10 seconds and then continue on like nothing happened and continue doing that bout every 5 mins. Sometimes the games even start to artifact. I have even tried 2 different video cards. I have tried upgrading my power supply but there is no difference. I found that if i put the /onecpu command at startup that is tends to crash less but it still crashes.

Specs:
    Ecs-a939
    AMD dual core 3800+
    Evga 8800gts / Evga 6800gs
    2gb kingston ram
    Antec 500Watt power supply

So my question is: Could it be my motherboard that is causing these problems and if so where can i buy a new one, other then ebay, that ships to canada?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. shme

shme Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice