1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

9700 Turns off AGP TEXTURE ACCELERATION. help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BIGnasty, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BIGnasty

BIGnasty Thread Starter

Im wondering if someone can help me. I have an issue with a radeon 9700 pro card that USED to work on my system till I reformatted. I notice now that my Agp texture acceleration is grayed out as well.
    I have the following specs.
    A7a266 mobo with 1.4 amd athlon
    Ati radeon 9700 pro
    1 gig ddr 266
    19 viewsonic lcd
    The rest is pretty basic. I have done the following

Applied the motherboard upgrade v. 1.90 .I have applied the agp drivers even tho the card worked before I put those in. I flashed my bios from version 1009 to 1012. I have tried both the newest catalyst drivers to the newest omega drivers. I have tried turning on and off fast write and lowering the agp settings in the bios. NO matter what I do I cant seem to get that agp texture up again. Can someone please help me this is the third time ive reformatted and its getting frustrating..

Another thing, I have an nvidia card that I used a program called RIVATUNER to force the turn on with ali agp . Is there a program that does it with ati cards?

2. BIGnasty

BIGnasty Thread Starter

can nobody help me?

3. FrankToronto

FrankToronto

Well, you haven't really said whats wrong with the card, if you have formatted 3x already, then clearly the card does work. What's wrong with it.. just onem setting missing? Why don't you call ATI? It could have been a setting used in an older version of the drivers that they deviced to take out.. peronsally, i have a radeon 9800 pro and ive never heard of that option..

4. BIGnasty

BIGnasty Thread Starter

The card works fine, I have a pentium 4 and when I put that card in that pc it works instantly and agp texture acceleration is turned on in the dxdiag.
    My pc, the asus a7a266 one works with agp acceleration cuz I previously had a geforce ti in there and it worked. the 9700 pro does not render anything. so that is my problem , and ati's genius answer is to simply enable the agp acceleration but thats kinda hard to do when the whole thing is grayed out. I upgraded to the newest catalyst drivers and even the new ali agp drivers for my mobo. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

5. johnnyembo

johnnyembo

I had the same problem. My rig is different from yours (I have 9500pro and Gigabyte GA7-VA Mobo).
    Anyway, the way I solved the problem was to flash the bios, then reinstall latest mothorboard and graphics driver. I know you have done this before, but did you do it in that order? Flash the bios first, then install drivers.

Hope you get it sorted m8

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What version of Windows are you running/

This is for Nvidia cards and your board, but it may work.
    http://www.ali.com.tw/eng/support/faq_troubleshooting_agp.htm

Latest Ali Intergrated and AGP drivers:
    http://www.ali.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php You have the M1647 and M1535D chipsets.

In the BIOS set the AGP aperature size to 64MB and make sure that Assign IRQ to AGP or Video is enabled. Turn off AGP Fast Write, set the AGP port to 4X, and make sure AGP is enabled and set as Primary Video.

If that fails, format and reinstall Windows. Then install all Windows updates and service packs, next install the intergrated drivers, which should included the AGP drivers, then install the latest Directx (which is a Windows Update) and then install the latest ATI drivers. Install any remaining drivers for other devices. It should be done in that order.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice