1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

98-95 file transfer not working, dcc

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jballou, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jballou

Jballou Thread Starter

I'm trying to direct connect two computers, a 95 and a 98. I'm trying to transfer files from the 98-95. I can do this the other way around but trying to transfer 98-95 doesn't. It asks me for the computer name of the 98 computer on the 95 computer. I can enter it correctly but it always says something like "computer <name> not found". I tried changing the computer name but it always responds the same.:mad: :confused:

2. brianF

brianF

3. Jballou

Jballou Thread Starter

The site is very helpful

4. Jballou

Jballou Thread Starter

If anybody can tell me what's going on I'm still open to suggestions.

5. DittoDude

DittoDude

I recently DCCd my 98 to my 95 computer and transferred some files from the 98 to the 95. I remember having similar problems and the solution was in the mapping and the path but I'm not sure how I corrected it.

Right click on Network Neighborhood and left click on "map network drive". The drive and path have to be correct.

I'm hoping that this will jog the memories of people much smarter than I on this forum.

6. Jballou

Jballou Thread Starter

that gives me a lead
    I'll wait a little while before I haul my computer back downstairs and try again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice