98 installing to 2000 problem cannot find file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

komputergeek

:mad: ok i want to upgrade my hard drive to 2000 pro with a burned cd (legel approved with windows if you burn several disks then buy them they approve that) and once im done updating the first part and it needs to restart then it says cannot find file NSTRD (or something close to that) and it has to update or configure the first part again and it just keeps doing this :mad: email me or post thx :D

komputergeek

im not sure if its a file either it just says ntldr missing plz help thx if i press any button after that it restarts but if i press esc then any button it re-updates (configure w\e) my hard drive then restarts for the second part but then says missing ntldr again and etc. etc. on and on :(

komputergeek

more infortion for anyone i needed to update because my D:/ drive cannot read burned cds so i used one of our other computers to install 2000 and this is where it does this =) thx help is much needed lol im a broken record

komputergeek

ok NVM it DOES NOT work on my other computer it boots up 2k and it gets to the second loading screen after press F8 to go to safe mode (etc.) then it goes to a blue screen and says it cannot find the boot file and says i should resart if it keeps happening and it does plz help thx =)

komputergeek

nvm nvm i cannot boot in safe mode for 2k but i can for 98 (lol man im stupid) ok well and it works there soooo....yea still need help to update thx...

komputergeek

i have an external hard drive for extra help to help me but it cannot work at thsi moment cause it doesnt work for 98 and i have an extra 2k hard drive that does work thx

komputergeek said:
ok i want to upgrade my hard drive to 2000 pro with a burned cd (legel approved with windows if you burn several disks then buy them they approve that)
where did you get this info?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online