1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

98 ugrade ?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zookre, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

I am now running win 98 and I would like to upgrade to 98se so I can put in a usb 2.0 card, system requirements on card say that you must have 98se and I have disk for 98se from my wifes computer. does any one think I will have any problems doing this? also can I upgrade over my current win 98 or will I have to format and start from scratch? thanks.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Does the Windows 98SE license you have allow you to install it on both your wife's and your computer? Most Windows licenses only allow installation on one computer.

3. Delta Dart

Delta Dart

DoubleH
    You can install Win 98SE without starting from scratch. Boot up the computer normally and install the SE disk. It should display the startup instructions automatically. If not go to Start, Run and type "x:setup" (less quotes) where x=your cd ROM letter. Probably "D". Win 9SE requires Win 98 to already be installed before hand. You will need the product code that came with the disk. It should be on the envelope the disk came with.
    Russ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice