1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

98 wont start after VB6 Instal

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Russell Morton, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell Morton

Russell Morton Thread Starter

I have a PB with Win98SE. I just loaded VB6 enterprise edition onto the machine after which it will not boot in normal mode.

If I step the startup it get to the end of loading ASPIENUM.vxd then give a blue screen. It does this even if I ESC ASPIENUM.

The blue screen complains about an error in VXD RMM(01)

any ideas ???

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

This is an unheard of error.

Have you tried to uninstall Visual Studio? Try that and may be it will restore something that it has spoilt. Or may be you can also do a re-install of Win98SE on top of existing installation.

You can also try the System File Checker in Win98SE. Go to Start > Run and type sfc.

But of course you can do all this only if you can get into Windows. It doesn't matter whether it is in normal mode or safe mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice