9800pro or catalyst or sp1 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chris_j11

2.4G, 768MBRAM, AIW9800pro
game NFS-Most Wanted
When i initially installed the latest 5.13 catalyst, the NFS ran pretty smooth at medium settings then after a week of playing the game started to stutter, i was also having problem with playing avi

So i uninstalled 5.13 and installed 5.10, almost the same problem, had NFS at high settings, game ran pretty smooth then after a week the game started to stutter again, no problem with avi anymore. although eversince i updated to 9800pro the avi movie does not played 100% smooth (same codec and avi played fine w/my 9000pro)

so just wandering what could be causing this.
whenever i play NFS:
i have minimum programs running (just what the xp need to be stable)
i turn off the antivirus/spyware on my Zone Lab Internet security whenever i play NFS
wanted to install the omega driver, but this required for me to have sp2 installed and i don't really have any plan to upgrade from sp1
does catalyst run better on sp2 or does not really matter
any recommendation, any other info about my pc just let me know!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online