98SE load problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GrahamH

Hi Guys-running 98se on 233 on 160mbSDRAM- probs now with 98, can't find files,exe's etc, probs in DOS with Himem- SO reformat heaps of times loading 98 and ME-always problems with final setup- loaded Win95B- seems fine-upgrade to 98SE -blue screen-
Windows problem "OE at address 016700000009- time for an upgrade?? any ideas appreciated I have the box at work and will use it for target practice at the end of the day ;))
cheers Graham

GrahamH

Thank Q Dan I will reload 98 upgrade on 95 and note the error message
regards

GrahamH

Well I loaded an upgrade version of 98SE onto a clean load of Win95 to get the previous blue screen error - this time I had an illegal operation in REGSVR32-it rebooted -repaired sys.dat in Reg Checker and than set up Win98 - have rebooted several times and it seems stable for the moment. Obviously something is unstable -have you any thoughts
regards
Graham

I would run Disk Cleanup, old temps and Internet Cache can cause problems. Also run SFC (System FIle Checker). Windows 98 has been great for me for many years.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online