1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

99% of things wont open..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Frillz, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frillz

Frillz Thread Starter

hey all..

i am running vista and last night something happened and now almost nothing opens..

now ive gone threw all of ur website trying to use the fixes etc.. nothing works..

here is a picture of what happens when i click on any program (apart from internet explorer which works fine for some reason..)

no nvm cant even open paint.. what i can tell u is all of my programs now have internet explorer tabs instead of there original ones.. open start menu and same thing here.. all internet tabs.. i cannot run any anti virus checks nor download them off the net.. it downloads as the internet tab and has same problem.. my existing anti virus program (nod32) also has same problem..

i think it has something to do with system32 or win32..

anyway im talking **** as im so angry..

any help would be.. well.. helpful..

Peace
    Frillzy

2. Frillz

Frillz Thread Starter

ok i definaly have at least 5 viruses..
    i know this bcuz i managed to find a online virus scanner that worked.. kaspersky.. problem is it only scanned.. found viruses then asked me to buy there product..
    i cant download any AV software.. its counted as a exe and with this virus i cant open anything exe..
    so how do u cure a infected PC without running a AV program..

plz anyone with any info on this would be great.. any reply.. even if u have no clue what to do.. just need feedback.. any hints.. anything..

Peace
    Frillzy

3. Frillz

Frillz Thread Starter

well i have reformatted my PC..

lucky it was relativley new and i didnt lose alot..

thanks 4 no help at all..

Peace
    Frillzy

4. SirMille

SirMille

Sorry Frillz, I just saw this post today.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If the problem ever happens again -- it is usually because the "exe" file association has been buggered -- you can try the "fix" on this page -- then do a System Restore:

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice