1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(_) Urgent Vista Promble Very Ugrent Urgent(_)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by flippermorg, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flippermorg

flippermorg Thread Starter

ok i have a couple of things going wrong
    i just installed vista ultimate 64 bit

the message keep poping up:desktop window manager stopped working and closed
    also my game dont seem to be runnig very well and ive got the saphier x1600xt 256 and 2gb of dual channel ram

also it wil never save my default medie player i want to put i tunes and i do but i always changes it when i reboot

and its alsow runnig a bit slow for a 64 on amd athlon x2 4800+

and my sound wont work i installed the driver but it start to soundlag after a bit and it never did that before

2. Compiler

Compiler

As of now, many audio and video drivers are NOT working correctly with vista. Check the website of both and see if an UPDATE is available - and if vista will allow such updates to be installed (since vista is now a COP and can refuse what it wants).

M$ is the cause of vista driver support as the certification process is much longer and expensive (since it costs the developer money to submit a new driver, every NEW driver must go through this expensive process)...

64bit version is rarely faster than 32bit version, but recommened for 4gb or more RAM.

Recommendation: if no updated drivers are available - reghost back your XP install or reinstall XP.

3. flippermorg

flippermorg Thread Starter

you mean i need 2 more gigs of ram?

4. Compiler

Compiler

No.... Vista 32 or 64bit operate pretty much the same. Unless you have 4gb or MORE RAM... usually more. Vista32bit runs with 4GB okay.

Vista with 2GB = XP with 1GB.

Memory won't solve your driver issues. All hardware venders are having problems.

This one explains it: http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2917

Vista is SUPPOSED to make gaming and such better... but even the networking speed is far slower than XP.

A NEW OS in the OLD days usually meant: More usable features or functions, better performance and more stablility.

With my Amiga, going from AmigaOS 1 > 2 (= more functions and modern look) then with AmigaOS when from ver2 > Ver3 I got more desktop colors (8 now, rather than 4) YET at the same time, more memory back and easily more stable than V 2 or V1.

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Catalyst 7.1 Vista are working perfectly here. Nvidia is having issues but for once ATI/AMD is right on. I am gaming without a hitch. Now, if I could only figure out how to resize these damned desktop icons. :mad: :D

I'll get it, me has a thread. :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice