1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Beginner Needs HELP in Access 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by edguy321, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edguy321

edguy321 Thread Starter

Greetings, I am a beginner nevertheless built a pretty elaborate database in Access 2003 using the wizards. My question concerns a report that's connected to a query with three (3) criterias - "What Event Name?", "From?", and "To?" dates. The problem is that if you don't type the "Event Name" exactly as it appears in the table, it won't pull up the report.

What I'd like to do is replace the "What Event Name?" criteria with a pull-down menu (combo box) that shows all the event names so all the user has to do is pick the one they want and add the from/to dates.

Please help but kindly reply in "beginner" language. :eek:

Thanks.

2. OBP

OBP

edguy, you appear to have done really well up to now.
    You can leave your "What Event Name?" field on the Form, (assuming that you are using a form, which you should be).
    Create a query with just Event Names on, if there isn't a seperate table for Events then you need to base the query on where your event names are stored and set the Query's "Unique Records" property to "Yes" to prevent the Event Names being repeated.
    Now on the form create a Combo box using the Combo Wizard, base the Combo on your new Query and when it gets to the part about Saving the selection in a field, select the "What Event Name?" field.
    Now when the user selects an Event it will put it in your "What Event Name?" field.

If you need any more help you could post a zipped copy of your database as an Attachment using the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments", but it would have to be converted to Access 2002 or Access 2000 for me to look at it for you.

3. edguy321

edguy321 Thread Starter

Thanks OBP, will try asap and advise.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice