1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A big assortment of problems...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thayne, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thayne

thayne Thread Starter

I recently updated to service pack 3 for windows. I also attempted to delete a program called "Bonjour" via regedit. Shortly after both these events(not sure if they are related to my problem), I encountered a ton of problems...

svchost.exe application error. this is shown right at the login screen, with the options to terminate or debug. If i click debug, windows can start, but VERY slow. I also have an error with my firewall which says "error initializing windows sockets." My sound does not work, due to some error about my sound drivers. I tried doing a system restore, and each time the result was "your computer cannot be restored to..." and then the date that i tried to restore it to. I did not see these errors while rebooting in safe mode. I cannot get internet, it constantly keeps saying "acquiring network address..." I tried enabling and starting multiple services that weren't started and received errors saying they failed to initialize. I am currently using a friends computer to upload this message, as i have no internet and a host of problems. I have generated various logfiles: hijackthis, processlist, startuplist, and another log from another program that i forgot the name of). I have also tried a virus scan with AVG, which turned up no results of an infection. I did a malware scan as well and it found nothing.

Attached are the various logs i have generated. I hope you can locate the problem and help me out with a solution.

Attached Files:

2. rfeichel

rfeichel

Did you backup the registry prior to regedit and if so did you try to restore it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice