1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A CD ROM PROBLEM (please read)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mixx941, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Hello all. I have a little problem here. Every time I try to put a CD in my main CDROM drive, it said:

E:\ is not accessible
    Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

This only happens when I try to install a program.

Example: If I try to install a game in the E (Kenwood 72X) drive, it will give me that error message. If I install it using the F (TDK VeloCD 8x4x12), it will install. Then, if I take the cd out of the F drive, and put it in the E drive, it will run from the E drive.

This never happened in 98. I upgraded from 98SE to XP October 25th.

Please post back with any ideas.

-Mark

2. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

I forgot to mention. I talked to a Microsoft technican on why this might be happening. He said that it is due to Adaptec Easy CD Creator. I had an outdated version that is not combatible (and never will be) with windows XP. I deleted all the Adaptec stuff, and I am still getting this error.

Any Ideas?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try going into the device manager and unchecking the box for auto insert, then restart computer.

4. PeteBaines

PeteBaines Guest

I have a Cd-rw in the e: drive and installed the adaptec softwhere which came with and it works fine, so does my DVD palyer in F:

Did you upgrade from 98 - 98se - XP?

I am not a expert at all, but wouldn't your system be a lot tidyer if you upgraded 98-XP?

I wouldn't act on anything I have just said as it could be all rubbish wait for some of the views of the clever people ;)

5. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Thanks Candy, but that didn't work. Pete, here is what I have had on this system:

Windows 95
    Windows 98SE
    Windows XP

Any help is appreciated.

-Mark

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice