1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A change in my startup?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xico, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what grpconv.exe program is? I am trying to clean up an old IBM Aptiva win95 and just put in Reg Clean. It's Watchdog just said that something had been added to my start up. I might be concerned, but I still haven't been able to get on line with the Beast--and really have not been trying too hard. :D

Xico (y)

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

Here's what I found on that file...

To facilitate the upgrade from Windows 3.1 to Win95/98, an executable file named GRPCONV.EXE is included with Win95/98. This file provides the translation of groups and group items to folders and links unless you need to access Win 3.1 Group files

3. raybro

raybro

4. SexyTech

SexyTech

raybro...

LOL!
    That's where I got the info I posted! :D

5. xico

xico Thread Starter

LOL Cool! Thank you SexyTech and Raybro! I wonder how and why it turned up now? Did one from the programs I added import it? It couldn't have been sitting there just waiting to spring into action. Hmmmm.
    Artificial intelligence is uncanny. Thanks, I appreciate the information.:D

Xico (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!