A Counter-Strike 1.6 or Steam problem..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

srHz86

Hey guys. I've looked everywhere, even on the steam forums and I can't find a solution to this problem!!

Basically, whenever I play CS 1.6 my internet will cut out every hour. This only happens when I'm playing the game, and never any other time. After I restart, everything is back to normal and I can play for about another hour and it'll cut out again. I don't get any error message, just the connection problem on the game screen, then it'll boot me out of the server which is normal. Nothing will work, including MSN Messenger, Firefox, etc.. but will go back to normal after a restart. If I'm not playing CS, my internet would be good to go until I turn this thing off. Sorry for so much detail I'm just trying to describe this as best I can.

Anywho, I've disabled the SPI Firewall in my router already, as well as the windows one... which someone else recommended to me and that has not fixed the problem at all. Any ideas?? :(

That's weird, would you post a screenshot of your result from www.speedtest.net?
Are you using wireless or cable?
Are there internet light on your modem flickering when you disconnect? If so, contact your ISP.

Do you have the same problem while using wireless?
Also, try playing 1.6 until the moment it disconnects, then check your router if the internet light is blinking.
It could also be a faulthy cable.

srHz86

I don't use wireless ever, but ya I could check that to see if it's blinking. The only thing is, my brother and I share the same router and he doesn't have the same problem at all. Plus, I never have this problem unless I'm playing cs, so I doubt it's the cable. I'm pretty sure the game has to be doing something :|

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!