a couple anoying issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rscott99

I am using win 2000 with ie 6.0.2800 . I have two minor issues that bug me.

1. When I type an address in my address bar there is a pause for up to 60 seconds before the page is accessed. If I click on a link or choose one of my favorites the pc responds right away and goes to the site quickly. But if I type the address ther is this pause before the pc responds.

2. In IE I go to a web site for work where I must enter 1 of 2 email addresses every day. If I click on the box it has a drop-down box that contains one of the addresses because I entered it in the past. But even though I have entered the other address several times it never appears in the drop-down box. How can I make both of these addresses appear in the drop-down box?

Try deleting your temp files in IE.

If you don't mind retyping your passwords do this:

Open IE, tools/internet options/general tab. In Temporary Internet Files, click on "delete cookies/ok"; and "delete files/ok". Then "ok". See if that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online