1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a couple anoying issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rscott99, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rscott99

rscott99 Thread Starter

I am using win 2000 with ie 6.0.2800 . I have two minor issues that bug me.

1. When I type an address in my address bar there is a pause for up to 60 seconds before the page is accessed. If I click on a link or choose one of my favorites the pc responds right away and goes to the site quickly. But if I type the address ther is this pause before the pc responds.

2. In IE I go to a web site for work where I must enter 1 of 2 email addresses every day. If I click on the box it has a drop-down box that contains one of the addresses because I entered it in the past. But even though I have entered the other address several times it never appears in the drop-down box. How can I make both of these addresses appear in the drop-down box?

2. Cookies

Cookies

Try deleting your temp files in IE.

If you don't mind retyping your passwords do this:

Open IE, tools/internet options/general tab. In Temporary Internet Files, click on "delete cookies/ok"; and "delete files/ok". Then "ok". See if that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice