A couple of things I want to digitally fix (may be common)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smaulpaul

I am looking to make a couple of corrections to some photos that I have recently took.

The first one being the colour of pretty much all of the picture. I took a shot indoors which had artificial light, I used the correct white balance but as my subject was in a small room the colour does not look natural at all. The subject seems like they have been to the sun tan shop for far too long. Is there any way I could fix this?

Also a couple of shots have been taken with no flash and on a couple I get very greasy and shiny foreheads. Is there anyway I can fix this too?

Some of my night shots were taken indoors with flash and as you can imagine the results were very washed out. Is there a way I could help reduce the flash drownage?

I have adobe photshop 7, imageready 7 and roxio photosuite 5 to edit my photos. As I am getting more and more into photography I would consider buying a new program that could help me with these common problems I face.

Also, I use a free program called raw essentials for my raw files. It is excellent for converting to black & white and sepia as you can adjust the colour on a slider. Only thing is I rarely take raw shots due to memory card usage. Does anyone know of a program that can let me make similar adjustments?

I have scoured these forums and found nothing concrete so your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

buck52

Banned
post some samples and someone maybe able to help...

very difficult to help without seeing what your talking about...

smaulpaul

here are two examples.

The first has the awful flash and shiney skin.

The other looks like they have been to the tanning shop for too long and have greasy skin too.

thanks

Attachments

buck52

Banned
Howdy again

The first is not bad...could have used a difuser for the flash to cool the hot spots...

the second is just miles off on the white balance... never mind the tan...the dress is no doubt supposed to be white not orange

great picture in black and white

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (just released) has a lot of nice one click Fixit tools.
Most of these are also found in Photoshop CS2.

You can get a 30 trial version of APE 5.0 from Adobe.
The second photo is a toughie ... It looks like all the blue is missing.
I added a little.

Attachments

smaulpaul

thanks for the tips guys. will look into adobe elements and get the trial.

cheers

Ok it is easy MowermanEd with the right tools. Nice job you did too.

You already have a powerful editing program, Photoshop 7. Granted, there are newer versions on the market with automated options. Plenty of "how to do" books on the market for Photoshop 7. Why buy another photo editing program when you already have a program that will do the job.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
FWIW .. Maybe Because ... Many of the tools I used above - are not in PS 7
If smaulpaul shops for sales ... He should be able to find some sales on PSE5 for about $79 soon.

IMO .. PSE5 has about ~95% of the capability of all the new tools found in PS CS2 ...
Assuming smaulpaul is just a camera/photo hobbyist and not a pro....
I'm thinking ... ~95% of PS CS2 for ~10% of the price is a good deal.

As I remember .. There was a big jump in handy tools from PS 7 to CS1
This is just from my PS CS2 hobbyist users point of view.
He has the Trial .. From What I see ... I have a hunch It'll sell itself, since he somewhat already knows PS.

From What I see ... I have a hunch It'll sell itself, since he somewhat already knows PS.

The "clone and healing brush" most common used tools to fix photos.
I used clone brush like MowermanEd to touch up the shiney spots. Using PS7, still learning how to use all the tools.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The Healing brush is new, since PS 7 .. As I remember.
Have you checked out the Shadow/Highlite tool ... New since PS 7

I used it to bring up the dark background .. And turn down the bright foreground in the left photo ... in one operation.

No I haven't tried that out yet. Still so much to learn about the various tools with the program.
Question Nyob, I tried to attach the photo with my message and said i exceeded the limit allowed to attach the photo.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online