A Day In Your Life

ekim68

Mike
Everyone has a different way to start and finish a day.
On the weekdays I get up around 6:00 and fumble around for
about an hour to see if my eyes work properly...Then, on to the day.
Generally speaking a lot of my time is spent trying to get out of work,
so when I say I 'work' for 2 to 10 hrs., It might be WORK, or it might
be 'work'...
Then, in the evening I really get lazy....

A weekday in my life.

I wake up when my mom gets up for the shower. 6:00AM
I grab a instant breakfast (Powdered stuff)
Check my Schedule for Parks and Rec
Fill up my water, grab keys, helmet, unlock bike.
Then I take off.

My Weekend.
Up at 6:30 ish
Come down to the computer 'till 8.
Call up some friends go biking up the Dobson Trail or around town.

Alan

Weekdays ( if I don't have to work )

5 am - wake up for no good reason and can't go back to sleep. Roll over and start coughing. Feel the need to pee really bad. Go Pee. Cough for ten minutes. Wash hands and face. Go make coffee. While it's perking, go pee again. Wash hands. Pour coffee even though it ain't done yet and it's so strong it makes me cringe. Light cigarette. Sit down and turn on computer. While it's starting up, turn tv on CNN for news and turn down volume to low.

Next two hours: drink coffee, pee, check 8 email boxes, pee, check for freebies and enter my bookmarked contests, pee. Check this forum and five others for new posts or anything of interest. Post to some threads. Go offline. pee.

Next two hours: Read ( and pee as needed )
Next two: Go online again. Check email, blah blah. Pee. Wash hands course.
Next 6 hours: Eat snack or lunch. Clean house a little. Read, pee, go online, read, pee, go offline. Read, pee, go online. Check email. Answer some, maybe. Go offline. Work crossword puzzle, pee, get my postal mail and go through it, pee. Work jigsaw puzzle. pee. Go online and Ebay. Pee. Eat supper. Pee. Make pot of coffee, pee, go online. Pee. Maybe poo.

Until around 12 midnight: Online. pee, read, pee, watch tv, pee, get messages off answering machine and delete and ignore them. Call back a couple of people who left messages just so I can annoy them by calling after midnight. Hang up when they answer. Pee. Shower, go to bed, pray, read, pee, go back to bed, sleep about 3 hours. Pee. Wonder how a person with only one kidney can produce such volumes of urine. Find no answer. Pee. Doze off for another 30 minutes. Get up & Pee. Ad infinitum.

Weekends: Work usually ( off this weekend) from Friday evening straight until Monday morning.

ekim68

Mike
M&M, you crack me up...I find that as I get older, I don't stray TOO far from the toilet.

I'm a SAHM(stay at home mom) so....

School days I have to get up by 7 am then make sure all 4 kids get to school before 8:30am. After that I will most likely come home and clean. This is going to be a weird year for me, since my youngest will be in Kindergarten. :eek:

In the summer, I wake up around 9:30 and then mostly lay out in the sun while my kids play outside. :p

My eyes pop open everyday shortly after 5:00. After the necessitiesm, I head outside, wheather permitting ot enjoy morning wake up by the small stream I live on. Plan/plot out my day.
5:30 on school days I call my daughter, age 11. I get her up and heading for the shower. While she is getting around for school I am filling washer, doing household chores.
6:45 she is on the bus, PHEW! She made it! I then head to hang the laundry, and hit the shower myself. Out the door by 8:00.

Back in the door between 4 and 5, grab the laundry off the line on my way in. Breathe deep , nothing smells as nice as line dried laundry. . Dinner preparation, fold laundry, homework supervision, dishes, pack lunches for the next day, oh yeah and seasonally basketball, and baseball. Game time, if at home. Get little one into bed by 8:00.

From then until my eyes close, whatever HAS to be done, or craft.

On days off I do the extras. mow the lawn, weed, mend, scrub woodowrk, windows, etc.

Sundays I fry doughnuts. Sat. I bake pie or crisp. Kind of predictable in a way.

monkeymoon said:
Weekdays ( if I don't have to work )

5 am - wake up for no good reason and can't go back to sleep. Roll over and start coughing. Feel the need to pee really bad. Go Pee. Cough for ten minutes. Wash hands and face. Go make coffee. While it's perking, go pee again. Wash hands. Pour coffee even though it ain't done yet and it's so strong it makes me cringe. Light cigarette. Sit down and turn on computer. While it's starting up, turn tv on CNN for news and turn down volume to low.

Next two hours: drink coffee, pee, check 8 email boxes, pee, check for freebies and enter my bookmarked contests, pee. Check this forum and five others for new posts or anything of interest. Post to some threads. Go offline. pee.

Next two hours: Read ( and pee as needed )
Next two: Go online again. Check email, blah blah. Pee. Wash hands course.
Next 6 hours: Eat snack or lunch. Clean house a little. Read, pee, go online, read, pee, go offline. Read, pee, go online. Check email. Answer some, maybe. Go offline. Work crossword puzzle, pee, get my postal mail and go through it, pee. Work jigsaw puzzle. pee. Go online and Ebay. Pee. Eat supper. Pee. Make pot of coffee, pee, go online. Pee. Maybe poo.

Until around 12 midnight: Online. pee, read, pee, watch tv, pee, get messages off answering machine and delete and ignore them. Call back a couple of people who left messages just so I can annoy them by calling after midnight. Hang up when they answer. Pee. Shower, go to bed, pray, read, pee, go back to bed, sleep about 3 hours. Pee. Wonder how a person with only one kidney can produce such volumes of urine. Find no answer. Pee. Doze off for another 30 minutes. Get up & Pee. Ad infinitum.

Weekends: Work usually ( off this weekend) from Friday evening straight until Monday morning.

ROFLMAO! :D

Thanks MM I have been a little down today. I needed a good laugh. :)

ekim68

Mike
I am so amazed at the organization it takes to grow a family..Well done...I managed
with one child. And, now, I'm a spoiled grandpa...

Hm, interesting thread, Spoiled Grampa. ;) Looks like I'm the lazy one of the bunch. This will change in about a month when my baby starts kindergarten. :( :)

Typical day....

6:30 Alarm goes off

7:30 Drag self out of bed with realization that hitting that pillow one more time will result in being late for work and getting in trouble with boss.

7:35 Utilize facilities, wash hands, put in contacts, brush teeth, brush hair and put back into pony tail

7:37 Wake the child

7:39 Pick out clothes for both me and spawn

7:43 Tell child she must get out of bed now

7:44 Prepare child's breakfast and place on coffee table next to remote controls

7:46 Request that child seriously get out of bed this time. Don't you have to pee or something?

7:47 Child gets out of bed and most certainly would be cursing me if she knew any curse words. Remind child of resistance to going to bed the night before.

7:49 Make sure child has brushed teeth, brushed hair, knows where her clothes are. Receive grunt of comprehension from child.

7:50 Race to shower and turn radio on to favorite morning show.

8:05 Finish shower and check on child.

8:07 Child appears to be fully dressed and brushed, feeding on Cheerios, watching Nickelodeon and being in an astonishingly good mood. I have no idea what happens while I'm in the shower.

8:08 Race back to bathroom and apply as little makeup as possible and comb out hair.

8:20 Finish getting ready and wonder how doing so little can take 12 minutes.

8:22 Shove lunch into grocery bag and ask child to turn off Dora the Explorer.

8:24 Locate shoes for both myself and child and ask child to put on shoes.

8:25 No really, turn Dora off.

8:26 Leave residence.

8:30 Drop child off at school.

8:34 Arrive at work exactly 4 minutes late every single day.
------------
5:04 Leave work four minutes late out of guilt

5:10 Pick up child from day care

5:15 Get earful of child's day and pick up mail

5:17 Come home and be lazy for 43 minutes

6:00 Realize I'm not getting the TV back for the news because Raven is on and it's not like I'm paying attention anyway.

6:01 Start dinner

6:45 Eat dinner

7:00 Watch carefully selected prime time TV and work on arts and crafts or practice dancing

8:00 Order child into shower

8:15 Child emerges from shower with pajamas on, soaking wet

8:16 Remind child that the towel I set out is for her to actually dry off with... not just for decoration

8:17 Child thinks she is hilarious

8:18 Comb out child's hair while asking what she'd like to read to me before she goes to bed

8:25 Make child change into dry pajamas.

8:27 Have child read passage from chosen book

8:35 Carry child to bed and give hugs and kisses and tell her how wonderful she is. :)

Summer

Between 5:00 and 8:00 - Wake up, shower, hair, teeth

8:40 - 10:00 Get online check mail etc etc

10:00 - Wake children - tell them they can't sleep all summer. Make breakfast.

10:30 - Do hair and makeup

11:00 - Take little ones to swimming class ... beg son to please stop holding on to my leg and just get in the water like the rest of his class ... the other parents are staring at him.

11:15 - 11:45 - Since male lifeguard refuses to take eyes off of female lifeguard ... must watch children so that they don't drown.

12:00 Take soggy kids home and remind them not to sit on the couch in wet suits.

12:10 Make lunch - feed kids.

1:00 - 5:00 Park, make snacks for kids, check mail, make more snacks, read book, make more snacks, beg children to clean their rooms, more snacks, more begging.

5:00 - 9:00 Make dinner, talk with hubby, watch tv, clean house

9:00 - Put the kids in the shower and beg them not to make a mess.

9:20 - Get kids out of shower and mop up the inch of water they left behind.

9:30 - Read stories, make kids brush their teeth, say prayers, put in bed. Wait for each kid to get out of bed for hugs, kisses, drinks, I have a pain somewhere or I'm sick I need medicine.

Di good 1! Pretty busy lol.

Hahahah, lol angie. They should hire you as the life guard.

Hmm my day...

5 PM - wake up

5:15 PM: get out of bed, turn on computer, bathroom, take shower.

5:45 PM: get on my computer, start answering threads/emails/PMs. I usually have, on average, 50 new e mails every day when i wake up

8:00 PM: break time, go work out till 8:30, jog 2 miles up and down hills, come back work out again. usually ends around 10:30 some how...

10:30 PM: stay up learn more bout computers, fixing problems, check e mails (another 30 by this time), and then i learn more and yeah...

midnight: chores; dishes laundry clearning etc

there on out: computer geek time!

I enjoy the night more than the day. Its peaceful and quiet... i go to bed around 11 AM on average. I've had 10 hours of sleep in the last 5 days because i was invited to the movies and to six flags (theme park). I decided to go and then i came back and realized how much work i had and decided to just skip sleeping and finish up on everything.
-blitze

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online