A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MOcoko

Mali
The problem started awhile ago when i went to open up Google chrome a message opened with the location of file and also a message saying 'A device attached to the system is not functioning.'. After that i started to open up other browsers then i opened up just a random .exe file and i realized that the problems weren't just the browsers and programs is was also use the cd-rom.

please help! :]
thanks

The easiest method to start troubleshooting this is to start removing all external devices.

This means all devices and hardware you have attached to it. This means any printers, modems, external hard drives, flash drives, cd-roms whatever you connected to the outside of the PC, that's what you need to disconnect.

If you see everything is functioning for a few hours or even a day or so, you can start connecting each disconnected device separately for a long period until you have found the culprit.

If you still see the error after disconnecting all external devices, then you need to start thinking about the internals of the PC. Could it be a driver issue, could it be a failing card in the pc etc. Cross that bridge when you get to it, if you get to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online