1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A disconecting mouse

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mikebut, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mikebut

Mikebut Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP, SP2. There is nothing wrong with my mouse but the pointer becomes separated from the mouse and the only way I can get it back is to press the reset button. It happens randomly, sometimes not long after logging on, at other times after an hour or more. Can anyone help?
    The mouse has been OK for a couple of years, and I have tried a new mouse with the same result.

2. pehbond

pehbond

have you tried the mouse in a different port (if it is a usb mouse) also have you checked reinstalling teh drivers for the mouse under device manager

3. Mikebut

Mikebut Thread Starter

It is not a USB mouse and I have tried re installing the drivers.

4. pehbond

pehbond

so i take it that it is a p2s mouse (mini din) mouse. have you checked it in another computer? also have you checked for any spyware, viruses and things like that? have you checked that it is working properly under device manager

5. gfxrelay

gfxrelay

What type of mouse is it? If it is optical (One with a light on the bottom) try using the mouse on a different surface also check in the device manager if there is any yello question or exclamation marks

6. Mikebut

Mikebut Thread Starter

I have tried all the previous ideas from you guys to no avail.
    I have reinstalled mouse drives, checked 5 different mouses, both USB & Ps2, 2 trackball, 1 standard, 1 optical and a cordless. They all do the same. Sometimes I have to restart or reset my computer 3 or 4 times to get control of the mouse which may last for 5 min. or 2 hrs. These mice work OK on my laptop.
    By useing the lost mouse with the Control Key on my keyboard and checking Device Managers it says the mouse is working perfectly with no conflicts, when obviously it isnt.
    Surely someone out there has had this problem, it cant be unique to me.

7. pehbond

pehbond

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice