a failure to communicate!!! (networking troubles)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ihatewinME

i have been trying to network 2 computers together for playing games. 1 windows me. 1 windows 98 (hp ed). The cards are in correctly the cord is a crossover. I ahve tried netbuei and tcp/ip protocols and even microsoft networking wizard. They will both be set up properly "by the book" and the computers will fail to communicate with eachother. nothing will happen. i managed to see the other computer in "my network places" using microsoft netwroking wizard but could not access.

both network cards are realtek

Could someone please tell me what should i do?

could someone who actually knows what they are doing tell me how to tcp/ip crossover network my computers........

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Well lets see your IP configurations.

Open up a Dos Prompt on each machine and type:

ipconfig /all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online