1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A few problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Seybur, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seybur

Seybur Thread Starter

Hey, My computer suddenly stopped working the other day and i have been talking to my friend who is pro with these things and he said it could be to do with the video card.

here's the problem.
    when i turn my computer on, the monitor says 'no video input', but the fans start running, no beeps happen, everything 'seems' to be good, but the moniter doesn't say so.
    i have tested the cable and monitor, and they both work fine.

i have also taken out my video card, cleaned the dust off it and put it in, but that didn't change anything.

now, my friend told me a few things, like see if the pins are dirty, or try a different cable, but then he said to hook it up, open the side and turn int on and tell me what you see... apart from lots of flashing lights (...just a few really) and some fans and cards and things, i noticed that the fan on my video card wasn't moving at all... so i think my card is screwed, and am asking your professional opinions on the matter...
    here are the specs of my comp....

Radeon 9600 video card (don't know anything else)
    1GB ram
    2.8ghz...
    um..can't recall the motherboard, fat lot of help i am..

anyway, please help me! and tell me if my card is screwed or if i am wasting my money buying a new one.

thankyou muchly in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice