1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A file named VIRTPART

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kath100, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kath100

kath100 Thread Starter

A file named VIRTPART has appeared on my C Drive, the file is 26Meg in size,
    I suspect it appeared after a Nortons Ghost backup,
    The question is, is it ok to delete it?
    :)

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Its the Ghost "virtual partition" that it uses to reboot into to do its thing.

It *should* be OK to delete it, try it and see if all is well after a reboot. Leave it in the recycle bin until you are sure its OK, so you can restore it.

By the way, its actually called virtpart.dat. You may need to enable the viewing of extensions in Windows Explorer to see the full correct name?

3. kath100

kath100 Thread Starter

Thanks Kiwiguy
    I will delete it but keep it in the bin for a while.
    (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice