1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A good AMD 64 / PCI express board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xephar, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xephar

Xephar Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest a good motherboard that would support AMD 64 bit processor (any slot type) that also has a PCI Express slot for video?

2. Whitestar

Whitestar

The MSI K8N Diamond is a good one or the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.

3. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Speaking of mobos, I have a question. I'm using a Abit NF7-S2 mobo now. Thing is, after a while, the hibernation feature goes off (Standby becomes greyed out). This has happened with my previous mob too, an MSI KT400. Any ideas why this happens?

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Sorry, forgot to mention I don't use a UPS.

5. Whitestar

Whitestar

Check your bios settings. There may be something in there to do with hibernation that needs changing.

6. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

All power settings are at default. What's confusing right now is I changed the mobo, processor and video card, and this thing is occuring again. Is not really affecting me in any way, just wanted to know out of curiousity and to see if it may be a potentioal problem.

7. Whitestar

Whitestar

Nah, it shouldnt be a problem, unless you want to start using hibernation. If its happening with two mobos then perhaps its to do with the power settings in windows.

8. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Most likely. The entire hibernation tab under control panel>power settings is missing. Most likely if windows doesn't detect a ups, it turns of hibernation?

9. Whitestar

Whitestar

Nah, it shouldnt do. On mine hibernation is accessible even tho i dont have a ups. What version of windows are you running btw?

10. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

XP Pro SP 2 same as yours. Never mind. Will try to install a borrowed ups and see if it helps. Will keep posting.

Thanks for the help dude! :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice