A good AMD 64 / PCI express board?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xephar

Can anyone suggest a good motherboard that would support AMD 64 bit processor (any slot type) that also has a PCI Express slot for video?

Speaking of mobos, I have a question. I'm using a Abit NF7-S2 mobo now. Thing is, after a while, the hibernation feature goes off (Standby becomes greyed out). This has happened with my previous mob too, an MSI KT400. Any ideas why this happens?

Check your bios settings. There may be something in there to do with hibernation that needs changing.

All power settings are at default. What's confusing right now is I changed the mobo, processor and video card, and this thing is occuring again. Is not really affecting me in any way, just wanted to know out of curiousity and to see if it may be a potentioal problem.

Nah, it shouldnt be a problem, unless you want to start using hibernation. If its happening with two mobos then perhaps its to do with the power settings in windows.

Most likely. The entire hibernation tab under control panel>power settings is missing. Most likely if windows doesn't detect a ups, it turns of hibernation?

Nah, it shouldnt do. On mine hibernation is accessible even tho i dont have a ups. What version of windows are you running btw?

XP Pro SP 2 same as yours. Never mind. Will try to install a borrowed ups and see if it helps. Will keep posting.

Thanks for the help dude! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online