1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A good lengthy RPG/Adventure Title

Discussion in 'Games' started by da_funksta, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. da_funksta

da_funksta Thread Starter

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a great adventur/rpg title for my PC. Have tried several trials of titles, Diablo - too much action, Everquest - too bewildering, Asherons Call - too repetitive, and am still no closer to my holy grail. Help me tech-guy forumers, you're my only hope! I am not too fussy on the style, be it sci-fi or fantasy etc but do want a pretty good storyline and meaty puzzles if poss.

Thanks for your help and time,

Steve

2. McTimson

McTimson

Have you ever tried the A D&D games, like Baldurs Gate, and Neverwinter Nights? They look pretty good, I have Baldurs Gate II, but i haven't really gotten into it yet.

3. da_funksta

Gonna have a look at Neverwinter Nights, thanks. Do you know of any sci-fi style games out there?

4. McTimson

McTimson

Well..if you don't mind paying monthly fees, there's some online sci-fi MMORPG's. Earth & Beyond comes to mind, and that one by Microsoft...something about space, i forget the name, maybe PlanetSide?

5. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

da_funksta:

Theirs some older games such as fallout 1+2 that fit that bill. Also you might try the Longest Journey by funcom or Siberia (forget who makes it). Theres also Arcanum, The IceWind Dale series and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowwind.

6. da_funksta

I bought Syberia, a good game if a bit short. May take a look at the Fallout games, reviews sound interesting. If only Sewptember were here I would not have this prob, what with HL2 and Deus Ex coming out...

7. keekburd

keekburd

Other good Lenghty RPGs as you may know Final Fantasy X is very good and there should be Final Fantasy XI, which is an all internet final fantasy, out or it should be coming out soon.

8. burningrave1

burningrave1

I reccommend you checking out Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind along with the two expansion packs out for it Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Its a really open ended rpg and there is millions of plugins for it to change most anything in the game and the best part is the TES construction set that comes with your copy of the game. You can use it to build anything in the game and alter anything in the game. There more then one reason why it was named rpg of the year.

9. Annie12345

Annie12345

www.quandary.com is devoted to reviewing adventure style games. They tend to like the ones that are heavy on the puzzles and thinking rather than the action. They've reviewed lots of games and have good articles on each.

I've also heard Baulder's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights are some of the best, but I don't have personal experience with them.

10. PritomD

PritomD

Plantesides is a MMOFPS...not an mmorpg :D

11. McTimson

McTimson

eh....oh well, I was close enough :)

12. websurfer

websurfer

If you want a good RPG, try Icewind Dale. It's a 2 cd game, and it is pretty cool. It's very long.

13. McTimson

McTimson

Heh....Baldurs Gate II is 4 CD's long :eek:

14. Nizzie

Nizzie

have you tried runescape? Its an entertaining mmorpg, its pretty big too.
    Try it.

www.runescape.com

15. Lurker1

Lurker1

I'm currently playing Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2. Its got really nice looking graphics. Not too long and the puzzles aren't too hard. It's a lot like tomb raider. I got it For $10.00 :)

http://www.ritual.com/FAKK2/

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/139387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice