1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A HDD Problem? - Harddrive diss what I want to Install!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zopyrus, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zopyrus

Zopyrus Thread Starter

Hey technicians,

I recently built a PC (first timer), everything clicked and it worked/working beautifully. However, I got a slight annoying little problem - when I install (mainly games, i.e NWN II, Black & White 2, Supreme Commander etc), the installation get to a certain procental then the HDD just doesn't work on it anymore. Nothing freezes, I can still open up applications or whatever, it only just - diss my installation. To complete the installation I have to start an installation over and over again.. What's the deal with this? I thought perhaps it could be some BIOS function I haven't enabled/disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

My HDD is: 150GB RAPTOR and a 500GB ... the installation takes place on a 2nd partition on the RAPTOR.

B.t.w. I tested HD Tune and look at this result:
    http://www.insertpics.com//view.php?img=a12bac17d273b818945e4950ce3ac1b0

How come the raptor take such low minimums?! Feels really weird. There doesn't seem to be any errors though.

Best Regards and thank you in advance,
    Zopyrus

Ps. FYI - Q6600, 4gb RAM, Gigabyte P35-ds3 and I'm using Vista Business as OS Ds.

2. Zopyrus

Zopyrus Thread Starter

Pss. I had asked around other forums for tips and thus far this is what I've tried thus far:

Saw something quite confusing in DirectX Diagnostic Tool (I have DX10) - it seems to have confused my Harddrives partition:

Code:
    Code: Select all
        ------------------------
        Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
        ------------------------
              Drive: C:
        Free Space: 15.2 GB
        Total Space: 40.0 GB
        File System: NTFS
              Model: SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device

Drive: D:
        Free Space: 370.8 GB
        Total Space: 476.9 GB
              Model: WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR5 ATA Device

Drive: E:
        Free Space: 69.3 GB
        Total Space: 103.1 GB
              Model: SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device

But it is suppose to be the other way around, the RAPTOR should be on both C and E while Samsung takes on the whole 500gb D: drive. Is this a fault on the dx diag. tool or?

Regards,
    Z

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/695861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice