Solved A Lever-like Structure on my computer

BeFit0517

Referring to the attached picture, see red arrow. I have seen this feature on computers at places where I've worked, but since they were not mine, I never gave it a thought. I didn't know what it was so I didn't touch it. Well now I've just acquired a computer that has it. It's a refurb so it didn't come with a manual. What exactly is it? It seems to be a lever of some kind. I don't want to pull it because I'm not sure what will happen if I do.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My guess would be a latch to release the cover. What is the exact model number of your computer?

crjdriver

The above is correct. You pull the latch and the cover will pop off/pull off. A lot of cases used that in the past however today, not so much.
The cases on which I saw this release were lower end ones such as raidmax, etc. I never saw this on higher end stuff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online