1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A little help with an Acer Aspire 3050

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LD Ablo, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LD Ablo

LD Ablo Thread Starter

I bought it today off of a friend after my HP died for the last time.
    This is just a means to an end as I intend to build a pc and needed a laptop to access the net for parts.
    But back to business ...

I have found that there are two drives (or one partitioned, whatever) and I am supposed to have 60 gig.
    But there is almost 30 taken up and I would like to know which programs, if any, I could remove from this thing.
    I just hate having space wasted by programs that are not needed.

I have included screen caps to show you what is on here and maybe you could make some suggestions to help a n00b out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It doesn't have 30GB of applications or software installed. Space is likely taken up by data and/or a recovery partition.

3. LD Ablo

LD Ablo Thread Starter

Any suggestions as to how to free up some space?
    I ran cache cleaner and a resgistry cleaner included in it and got some space back.
    I now have around 14 gig being used. Is this normal?
    ANY help would be great.

4. idowindows

idowindows

And if recovery partition is there, that is your "Genie in a Bottle" right there....

Even after running it, programs that come with it can be uninstalled and some updated (flash, java, and what not).

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There are two ways to reclaim drive space.

Uninstall programs.
    Delete data.

No magic involved. Since there aren't many programs installed, did you friend leave a lot of data behind (videos, music, pictures, etc.)? Only you can decide what to delete and what to keep.

"Cleaners" just delete temporary files which will come right back. It's not a long-term solution.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/693333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice