A Little help with my CSS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DEVGRU

Hey Guys , I'm not that great at coding I can just do enough to get by
Here is my problem , I'm running a Content rotation module . Which is looking in a spefic section and pulling the first couple of lines from the story.

here is what I want to do I have to have a Image at the top of all my stories and then the Module will have a pretty picture to display , But I want to Overlay The Next couple of lines over that picture ussing css , If this is hard to understand i made some pictures to help express what i'm saying

Example story

Heading
Text text
Blah Blah Blah

And I want CSS to Draw a shaded Box Over the Image and Move the text Into it

Example Story with expected results

Any Ideas how to achieve this ?

for my site http://adrenalinereviews.com/

You could make the image a background image. Then the text will be on top of it.

<div style="background-image:url('theimage.jpg');">Text here</div>

Where it says "text here" will be placed over the image.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online