A Little Help With Some On-Line Research - Atheists

Doc Holliday

A point of opinion came up that atheists don't argue amongst themselves, don't start wars and in general really get along with themselves fairly well. Christians argue.

Christian factor placed aside, does anyone know a knock-down-drag-out site where atheists do cause friction amongst themselves? I would like very much to refute that opinion!

Doc Holliday said:
Christian factor placed aside, does anyone know a knock-down-drag-out site where atheists do cause friction amongst themselves? I would like very much to refute that opinion!
Umm...what kind of site are you talking about Doc...formal debate about their official beliefs or and informal board where they tear each other apart for fun?

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Val's here...Mulder can't be far behind! ;) :D

Hi Val!!! :)

Generally, people don't argue about something they don't share.
Therefore, atheists won't never argue about god(s) and religious faith but they may have other matters of discussion : politics, sciences, ...
The first time in history, when atheists got angry, it gave that :

Doc Holliday said:
A point of opinion came up that atheists don't argue amongst themselves, don't start wars and in general really get along with themselves fairly well. Christians argue.

Atheists don't argue about god because there is nothing to argue about. To illustrate the point, try having an argument about wertyuio. Atheists argue and start wars just not about religious matters.

Doc Holliday

gbrumb said:
Atheists don't argue about god because there is nothing to argue about. To illustrate the point, try having an argument about wertyuio. Atheists argue and start wars just not about religious matters.
Can you site an example with substance? Any war would be helpful!

Chicon,

Did an atheists really invented the guillotine?:eek:

lotuseclat79 said:
Hi Doc,

You might try going here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
and look at the web links at the bottom of the webpage. From there, you might be able to find a forum to ask your question and get a meaningful response.

-- Tom
Hehe....from your link:

According to a study by Paul Bell, published in the Mensa Magazine in 2002, there is an inverse correlation between religiosity and intelligence. Analyzing 43 studies carried out since 1927, Bell finds that all but four reported such a connection, and concludes that "the higher one's intelligence or education level, the less one is likely to be religious or hold 'beliefs' of any kind." A survey published in Nature confirms that belief in a personal god or afterlife is at an all time low among the members of the National Academy of Science, only 7.0% of which believed in a personal god as compared to more than 85% of the US general population.[76]
Next time Valley starts giving me problems. :D ;)

BTW, Doc Holiday....I can't think of any wars started by atheists unless you talk about ones which existed prior to the birth of Christ.

gbrumb said:
Hehe....from your link:
According to a study by Paul Bell, published in the Mensa Magazine in 2002, there is an inverse correlation between religiosity and intelligence. Analyzing 43 studies carried out since 1927, Bell finds that all but four reported such a connection, and concludes that "the higher one's intelligence or education level, the less one is likely to be religious or hold 'beliefs' of any kind." A survey published in Nature confirms that belief in a personal god or afterlife is at an all time low among the members of the National Academy of Science, only 7.0% of which believed in a personal god as compared to more than 85% of the US general population.[76]
Next time Valley starts giving me problems. :D ;)
Dont make me come over there, mister. :p

Doc Holliday

I just dropped in to thank everyone very much that replied.

To all Believers the following question I ask...

Would you spend the rest of your life to change an atheist to a Believer day after day on-line ignoring everything else (to explain about your beliefs to someone else whom is receptive) or enough to where you have explained it over and over, once or twice, and then stop? Stop that is, until they ask again....

I know! Sunday school question...just read Mark chapter 6, 1-12....Hmmm?

Don't be shy! Step up to the plate!

Doc Holliday said:
I just dropped in to thank everyone very much that replied.

To all Believers the following question I ask...

Would you spend the rest of your life to change an atheist to a Believer day after day on-line ignoring everything else (to explain about your beliefs to someone else whom is receptive) or enough to where you have explained it over and over, once or twice, and then stop? Stop that is, until they ask again....

I know! Sunday school question...just read Mark chapter 6, 1-12....Hmmm?

Don't be shy! Step up to the plate!
I would explain it and if the person displayed interest, I would go further. Such as invite them to church, give them a Bible and answer their questions. If the person gets irritated, I would say if you want to talk again, contact me. It's up to them. No, I would not persue an atheist for life when there are people out there that are receptive and want to learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online