A lot of processes running-HijackThis log help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crzycrkr

I just did a clean install of XP Pro and installed all my programs and I seem to have a lot of processes going in the task manager. I don't recall having this many before. As of right now I have between 36 and 38. Could someone take a look at this and tell me if they see anything that shouldn't be there? Thanks in advance.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:09:10 PM, on 12/30/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Jog Dial Utility\JogServ2.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Hacker\KAVPF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RioMSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JOGSERV2.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\Jog Dial Utility\JogServ2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kav.exe /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Watch.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: dlbcserv.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell Photo Printer 720\dlbcserv.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kavsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Rio MSC Manager (RioMSC) - Digital Networks North America, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RioMSC.exe

go to start

click on run

type in msconfig

click on selective startup

uncheck the tab that says "load startup items"

click on apply and restart

if you have any problems or dont like msconfig, you can undo any changes by simpaly selecting normal startup

crzycrkr

I did this and every time I restart the computer I get the message that says "you have changed blah blah" It also only knoked about 8 processes off and that is including all the programs I need to startr like my virus scan and such. I was just wondering if the log looks weird. The computer isn't running slow or anything, I just thought it seemed like a lot. Thanks for your help

That's not very many really, compared to most. Some aren't really necessary, but nothing looks harmful. You can run them all through here to check, but I wouldn't disable anything unless you are sure you know what it is.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
This site should be helpful to you.

(I've got 35 entries set to "Automatic" and 44 entries set to "Manual")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you'll see in the SERVICES window and what you'll see in the MSCONFIG "Startup" tab are 2 different things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online