1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A lot of visible tearing/artifacts in games. Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Normal_crimi, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Normal_crimi

Normal_crimi Thread Starter

When I play a game I see frequent pauses and tearing in the game. I tried turning Vsync on, changing my resolution and getting the new drivers but it won't help. Can someone please help me???!? :confused:

My specs are:

Asus ATI Radeon A9600xt 128MB
    512 MB RAM
    1x 40GB HDD, 1x 80GB HDD
    Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz

P.S. For some reason I see no tearing in Max Payne and Max Payne 2...

2. Normal_crimi

Normal_crimi Thread Starter

If you don't understand what I'm saying, I'm trying to say that the game lags every second... i.e. When I go and play something like Counter-Strike and I run past a tunnel, I see me going forward and then slightly being pushed back and my framerate drops for a split second and then goes back to normal for a second and then happens again...

Please help me I'm begging you guys!! I can't play a game normally now this keeps hapenning!!! When I had the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 this kept happening as well... Please give me suggestions!!! T'would be really appreciated. ;) (y)

3. DK01

DK01

What CS are you playing? CS:Source? your computer might be too slow to really run that game smooth. If you read up on the CS forums that many people have lag problems. Maybe try and get directx 9c people say that helps. I was running a 1.6 p4 overclocked to 1.9 with 9600 pro and for the most part it was ok but not smooth from lag as like the CS 1.6.

4. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

whats your FPS.
    whats your connection speed? Try chaging your FPS see if that works

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!