A market forum

Trebuchet

For buying/selling/trading equipment, perhaps? We all have old stuff lying around that SOMEONE must need...

Im for it, but theres alot of reasons why not to do it as well. Just read up.

JohnWill said:
We'll need to hire about a dozen more moderators. :D
Main Entry: 1hire
Pronunciation: 'hI(-&)r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hyr; akin to Old Saxon huria hire
1 a : payment for the temporary use of something b : payment for labor or personal services : WAGES

i thought you volunteered/were recruited for this gig :confused:

knew candice was getting those big bucks from somewhere :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
They're going to have to at least double my pay to work in a marketplace forum. :D

Ill work there, and im sure others will gladly volunteer.

I think we should keep the idea in the air..

I need help in deciding what PC I should get that will work best with veiwing and hearing and talking to our grandchildren. My present unit is a PII Celeron CPU that is to slow to work properly. So I know I need a new unit, but my wife and I are on a fixed income and I don't know if I should build my own or buy an HP, Gateway or Dell unit. Help

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you troll these sites for a few weeks, great deals come along regularly on complete systems. You can't afford to build one for the prices you can have a pre-built. Building a system is normally the province of someone that knows exactly what features and brands he wants, and doesn't want to accept any compromise. For the average "appliance computer user", it's more trouble that it's worth many times.

More Stuff 4 Less

Tech Bargains

Deal News

For instance, a recent deal I saw, and this is a complete system with a 17" LCD display:

Dell Small Business has the Dimension 3000 selling for $429 with a $100 rebate making your cost $329 with free shipping. They are adding $19 for handling now though.

You get the following configuration:

Intel® Celeron® D Processor 320 (2.40 GHz, 533 FSB)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
Dell Quietkey® Keyboard
Dell 2-button scroll mouse
40GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive
Single Drive: 48X CD-ROM Drive
17 inch E173FP Analog Flat Panel
Integrated Audio
6 Months ISP
90 day Ltd Warranty and 90 day Tech support (upgrade to 50% OFF! 2 Year On-site Economy Plan for $24 after $25 Mail-in Rebate [add $49 or $2/month1])

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online