1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A must tool for help in trouble shooting game problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by lookin4yuh, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lookin4yuh

lookin4yuh Thread Starter

I have recently come across a great little tool that may help resolve a lot of issue's regarding games,it helped me in figureing out my game problems.What it does is search your computer for driver's that have not been properly uninstalled and get's rid of them.Please be carefull useing this tool and view the read me file, and follow it to a tee"very important".iI hope it help's,it has helped me

2. cheese

cheese

Hrmm yeah. Does it have a name?

3. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

ummmm... maybe its "a must tool" or "great little tool" or maybe even... just plain ol "this tool"... ;)

4. obvious

obvious

where is this "w0nd3r t001" ?

5. lookin4yuh

I am really sorry guy's and girl's i thought i posted a link here it is,it's called driver cleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/ .i am soooo sory bout that.What it does is clean out your windows cab ,and also remove's old driver's that were not properly uninstalled

6. lookin4yuh

I am really sorry fopr not posting the link earlier hope it helps

7. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

Anybody else have opportunity to use this program?

From the website posted above [thanks lookin4yuh ;)]:
    "Driver Cleaner is a program which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI and nVidia drivers. First you need to uninstall the drivers from the control panel, then reboot. After rebooting, run the program. If you really want a good description of what steps you should take, then you really need to read the readme file included in the zip file and installation as it contains a detailed step by step description."

Has gathered high marks: "Driver Cleaner" received 6/6 points from Wintotal, which means it gets the Wintotal Award. Wintotal is a very popular german website about Windows and Software Stuff.

8. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I use it quite often. After you uninstall drivers there is always something left behind. Driver Cleaner finds and removes the traces. I use it mostly for catalyst driver upgrades.

Be forewarned to totally clean the drivers you have to disable system restore. It focuses on Nvidia and ATI drivers. It works.

9. obvious

obvious

yeah, it does, but i managed to f[lo]ck up a friends pc with it. believe me, you dont want that ( im still nursing the injuries!!!)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!