A Network cable unplugged error, how to fix it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

momtaz

hello

today when I started my PC, I cannot access to the internet, and I am seeing this message, "A Network cable is Unplugged" but i can use my wireless from the same router,
mt OS: Windws XP 2002, SPS3, modem+wireless router is TP Link,
how to solve this problem.. pls
Thnak u very much

Couriant

James
are you connecting via wireless on the PC?

If you are connecting via a wired connection, check to make sure the cable from the PC to the router is not loose.

If it's wireless connection, make sure your PC is seeing the wireless connection in the Available Networks list. If it's there, connect to it.

momtaz

No, i am using cable connected to the PC, but i can use the wireless signal, where I am using internet now from my laptop, only the PC is problem, i turned the moder-router on/off, I unplagged and plugged in and restarted many times.. the problem still the same,
pls explain to me step by step how to fix it,
Thank you

TerryNet

Terry
You first need to determine the cause of the problem. It's allmost always a defective cable, router LAN port or NIC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online