1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Networking/Upgrade Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Peter_Aaron, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter_Aaron

Peter_Aaron Thread Starter

So I just recently upgraded my x86 Win7 OS to the 64 bit. In doing the update I renamed the computer from "Peter-PC" to "Livingroom-PC". I still have all my old files under the "Windows.old" file system but my issue has come up with the Networking system. I have my network set up to stream the content on my computer to my television, but now my Libraries all show as empty through Windows Media Player. I've tried to move the files over to the Library directly instead of keeping them in Windows.old and just including them in the library but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The same thing goes for the music folder, videos folder and photos folder. Documents hasn't had any issue being shared over the network, so it's just media.

I've tried renaming the computer to the old network name of "Peter-PC" and nothing has changed. Any ideas would be much appreciated, not positive as to what specifically went awry on this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice